No Right Clicks

============================================================

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

National Wedding Photographer

I really love what I do, but some days I love it more than others.  This past weekend I had the opportunity to shoot a Wedding in Fabulous Las Vegas...sort of.  Turns out they won't let private photographers shoot in most of the chapels out there, so I shot the event, not the actual ceremony!  I practically had to sit on my hands to suppress the urge to use my camera during the vows, but it was nice to get to witness a wedding without my brain thinking about my camera settings.  It was truly beautiful.  One of the very sweetest ceremonies that I have been a part of, and there have been many.  


Had to go catch a shot of the famous welcome sign.  Normally during a wedding I get an establishing shot of the church or location, but I think this is way more fun.


I think this is the first time I've made an appearance in my own blog, but I couldn't post about Vegas without an Elvis sighting!


The Holmes family renewed their wedding vows on the weekend of their 10th anniversary.  Their twin girls were in attendance, so naturally we stayed at Circus Circus and the "reception" started in the amusement park.  


Without a doubt the happiest, most fun after party.


I mean, not many people can boast that they got to ride a carrousel on their wedding day...


...or throw their hands in the air and scream on a roller coaster!


Way to go Dad!


Walking around the gardens at the Flamingo Hilton.


Sometimes everyone needs a cotton candy break!


Leaving the Flamingo for the Bellagio.


Love this next series of images of the family watching the fountains at the Bellagio.  I particularly like this one above. Looks like Sophia got Cathleen's levity, and Addison got Michael's intensity.  Not sure that is an actual depiction, but often I think photography is up for interpretation, and that's what this one is saying to me.


I have several images from the back showing the fountains as well, but I love the faces.


Ooooooohhhh!


Aaaaaaahhhh!


One of this families' mottos is a quote by Helen Keller: "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all."  I feel blessed to get to capture some of the adventures.


And lastly, my favorite image from the trip.  Thank you for being charming and cooperative girls!  A very heartfelt and sincere Congratulations to the Holmes family.  Thanks for having me be a part of such a happy time in your lives.  I hope you enjoy getting a sneak peak at your Wedding Photography.  There are a lot more were these came from, and I'll let you know as soon as they are available to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment