No Right Clicks

============================================================

Friday, May 16, 2014

Destination Wedding Photographer

Following are some of my favorite images for the beautiful Bauer-Lee nuptials that took place back in March in Aspen, Colorado.  It was a spectacularly good time, and a huge blessing to be a part of.  
Here is the daughter of the Groom, Sloan, trying on the Bride's wedding gown.  Someday this will be priceless.


Bride, Nicole, and Groom, Frank, ready for the fun to start.  


We walked over to the St. Regis, across the street from the wedding site.
It is a veritable cornucopia of beautiful backdrops to shoot in front of.   


This is a pretty spot...Let's get some shots this way...oh, over here too.  Oh wait, it's just awesome everywhere you look!


My favorite thing about the happy couple is just that...they are happy.  No faking.  No "say cheese."  It's just lovely to capture happiness.


Back in front of the Mountain Chalet,  (http://www.mountainchaletaspen.com)
A perfectly quaint ski lodge.  It was not the best time of day for outdoor wedding photography, but who could resist shooting with a blue sky and mountains in the background?  We were gifted the most gorgeous day.


Ring Barer & Flower Girl Love.


I love to catch jumping pictures.  They are just funny.  It takes several shots to get a good one.  Hard to coordinate that many people, in formals, jumping at the same time.  It's a work out.  1, 2, 3, JUMP!  1, 2, 3, JUMP!  1, 2, 3, JUMP!


The Mountain Chalet is walking distance to the Aspen ski lifts.  We had several skiers walking right into our photos.  It was kind of comical.  This nice gentleman was one of the only people who actually stopped to let us continue shooting pictures.  I asked him to go on ahead, and took the shot of him in the picture anyway, to capture what shooting at this location really entailed.  Nice guy.  Thanks for pausing.  


"Because I'm Happy!"


Happy couple just post "I do's" and a spirited dance down the isle.  


Hut one, Hut two...


Nothing to say.  I just like this one.


A nice dinner downstairs, before going back up to the ball room for the reception.  Up and down the stairs in high altitude is no joke for a Texan.  Not the first time I've been grateful for being in good shape while I was on a shoot.  I have often found I don't think I could keep up otherwise.  How do people get used to a lack of oxygen?  I suppose like Texans get accustomed to the heat in the summer.


Coolest shot glass contraption I've ever seen!  The shot glasses are shaped like ski boots, and they actually clip into bindings on the ski.  For the shot that says "ready or not, we're all in this together!"


I loved the bubble exit.  It worked splendidly indoors.  No wind to blow them all away!  Felt like a bubble machine unlike any other Bubble exit I've ever gotten to witness.  


Now, I've shot a lot of weddings, and here is something that doesn't happen every day!  Upon exit, Frank and Nicole decide to run downstairs and jump into the pool!  It was very spontaneous, and I felt dreadfully unprepared.  Fast action and no light is a logistical nightmare for a photographer.  Sadly, I was ill prepared and missed the actual splash.  I may kick myself a little for that moment for a long time to come.  I love and commend the spontaneity, but in hind site, we might have communicated a second longer on exactly where they were going to jump in.  I suppose some moments are only for memories, and not to be captured.


There was also a point were the Bride's dress was over her head for so long that I was concerned for  her safety and wondering if she was going to get air fast enough.  You can imagine my relief when she was discovered under all that fabric, all smiles!


What a crazy-fun unforgettable event.  A big part of me wanted to just jump in too.


Of course the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen must join in.  ...at least the spontaneous ones!


And this marks my first group wedding portrait in a swimming pool.  Likely the last too, which is too bad.  It made for a fantastic ending to an already ridiculously fun party.  More people should consider such a grand finale.


And they lived...


...Happily Ever After!


Thank you for the honor of flying to Aspen to capture a beautiful, unique love story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment